Nav

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Remotely interested

I'm starting to hear the rumblings.
The rumblings of football season.  Pre-season smack and college match ups are in the air.
I'm not really interested at this point.
Seems early.
Seems as though we haven't really had enough time to savor the Mavs Championship season.


Yes, I like football.  But at this point, I'm just remotely interested.

As in, interested in managing and hiding all those hideous remotes as every television in the house gets tuned up and turned up for the next 7 months.

Here's how it rolls in our house.

Game Day
TV is ON!
Volume is UP (leftover from last night's flick)
And the next words I hear:  Do you know where the remote is?

So yes, I'm on a mission to manage the remotes this season.  I've been looking for answers.  I've been looking for inspiration.  And I found it.

I found my inspiration while surfing the web and taking a peak at one of our customers' new website.
The answer to my remote challenge was right in front of me on Morgan's profile page.  She says in her profile:  On my coffee table I always have a FUN BOX for REMOTES.

It's Brilliant for two reasons.  1) It makes sense and 2) we have a groovy collection of "boxes" on the floor at LHO.  Tomorrow, I shop!

Take a look at a few of my favorites:


Vintage Carry On Vanity Case with Lucite Handle
6 1/2" H x 11" W x 6" D
$45


Metal Fishing Tackle Box (notice ruler on lid to measure fish)
6 1/2" H x 14" W x 6" D
$52


Kerosene Can - I know, it would be pretty difficult to fetch a remote out of this one.
But I love it and had to include it.
14" H x 9" D
$35


Vintage Pine Box with leather hinges and rope handles
11" H x 19 1/2" W x 11" D
$85



Antique Wooden (liquor) Box?
Looks as if it could have been a container for two fifths of booze
12" H x 9" W x 6 1/2" D
$55


If you're not even remotely interested in using these boxes to manage the remotes in your household.
I see a darling box collection coming together!

Hope you were as inspired by this idea as I was reading Morgan's profile.  Read more about Morgan and her new venture with Brittany Cobb by clicking the link below.  Be sure and check out the projects tab - Kessler Woods Court is filled with their finds from LHO!

Morgan Farrow, Farrow and Cobb

No comments: