Nav

Monday, October 26, 2015

Introducing Dylan!

As we continue our blog series of introducing our team, it's time for you to meet Dylan.

Yes, Dylan our niece. 

Dylan works as our Social Media contractor and also helps out during Canton First Monday Trade Days when her breaks at Baylor allow.  If you happen to visit our Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest Boards it's quite likely you're seeing the result of Dylan's creativity and diligence to always present Lakehouse Outfitters in the best light possible.

I am proud of the work she does for Lakehouse Outfitters and even more proud of the person she's becoming. 

xoxoxo,

AC





Hey y’all! My name is Dylan and I’m lucky enough to call Cindy my aunt. I guess you could say obsession with the lake is in my blood. I inherited this strong lake-loving gene from the lake queen herself.

I lived in California for most of my life, but that didn’t stop my aunt from flying me out to Texas every summer for a two to three week visit. I looked forward to this trip every year. Not only did I get to spend time with my amazing Aunty Cindy and Uncle Ray, but I got to experience lake life to its fullest. This meant days of sleeping in, drinking coffee on the front porch looking out over the lake, delicious homemade food, making bonfires and cooking s’mores, fishing, tubing, boating and so much more.

It was an absolute paradise.

Our favorite spot:  the screened in porch

Decked out for the July 4th Parade around Lake Brenda with Auntie Cindy and my cousin Jodi

Studying lake side isn't so bad


A girl and her dog and a trolling motor = perfection!


First Fish!

After ten years of spending almost half my summer in Texas, I decided I wanted to move there permanently. I am now a sophomore at Baylor University majoring in Psychology. One of my favorite things about attending Baylor is that it’s only a short 90-minute drive to my aunt and uncle’s house on Cedar Creek Lake. You could say that this makes a pretty nice weekend getaway. In fact, my three roommates and I spent a weekend at the lake as our last hooray before summer ended.

 One thing I love about the lake is that it brings people of all ages together. I mean does it get any better than your uncle throwing you and your roommates around on the water in a plastic tube? I don’t think so. All I know is that I love the lake just as much as I did when I was eight years old, and I’m sure I’ll love it even more when I’m eighty; and I’m proud to work for a company that feels the same way.









No comments: