Nav

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Introducing Heather!

Heather has also worked for Lakehouse Outfitters since (almost) the beginning.  We met in a previous life when I was a sales manager for a radio station in Dallas, Texas and Heather was on the promotional team.  At that time, she was "just a kid" and now she's got two of her own. 

Heather, as with everyone on our team, rises to the occasion when duty calls.  She works the store, she works Canton, she works the wholesale markets and she's our newest contributor to our Blog.  But mostly she works for family vacations and more recently she's asked to work for a Christmas Puppy. 

When I poked and prodded to get her bio for the blog it took a little time, but as I hope you'll agree it was worth the wait.

Introducing Heather!


I have a good reason for not getting this bio written in a timely manner and it would be because of...these two!


During the time I was supposed to be writing a blog post:
  • I went in my daughters room to check on her and was hit with the most awful smell that should not come out of a pink princess room I soon realized it was the entire contents of my daughters stomach that she was sleeping soundly in...
  • Woke up one morning to what I thought was a transformer blowing as I lay in bed I thought oh no did I pay the electric bill (un fortunately it was not the transformer)
  • Trying to understand why in 1st grade you only get 1 extra point for bonus words such as: unique, movements, exhausted and practice. (If you have ever practiced for a spelling test you get the struggle. I feel like we deserve so much more than a smiley face)
  • My son told me he has been praying to God for another baby...

I could go on and on because the fact is these guys are my LIFE... it might be crazy and I haven't been on time to anything since they were born but I wouldn't change it for a second.
I LOVE THESE GUYS!

 I wouldn't have them without this guy:


We met in middle school. We started dating when I was 13 and he was 15. We met in Garland, TX where we both grew up. My freshman year of high school we moved to New Orleans. Could you imagine moving a teenage girl away from her boyfriend yes it was as dramatic as it sounds, (I wonder if my mom still has nightmares :) after doing long distance for 4 years and several secret trips I finally moved back to TX to finish college. Got engaged at SeaWorld in '03. Married in New Orleans at a Jazz Hall in June 2006. Next summer we will have been together for 20 years. Crazy to think that at the age of 13 I met the guy who I would do life with!

And recently have started doing LAKE LIFE!
My parents bought a lake house on Lake Fork (TEXAS) as a retirement home they still live in New Orleans and will hopefully be full timers within the next couple years

In the meantime we spend EVERY weekend there!
This is what our life revolves around any and every excuse to be at the Lake








I can now speak from experience that Memories are Made at The Lake!

Cindy's Note:  Watch for Heather's Blog Series Lake Life on Lake Fork coming soon




No comments: